Hello Upstart Developers,

in the process of migrating Fedora/Red Hat Linux to upstart I came across
several issues.

With the current implementation I see the following problems:
        - the job description files are very static. Dependencies can only be
added,
modified, deleted by modifying this one job file (not package friendly)
        - there is no dependency like "start me before service xyz"
        - turning a job/service off requires removing the job file, which may
be solved
by symlinks?

Maybe I am overlooking some recently introduced mechanism, but I am willing to
help to implement a solution for this, either in upstart directly or via an
external control app via D-Bus. The app would require adding/removing
dependencies via D-Bus.

What do you think?

-Harald