On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 6:24 PM, Omon Edeki (Nowell, Inc)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Greetings everyone,
>
> I have a SPECIFIC question. We are migrating our server application
> daemon/service from an earlier version on Linux to Fedora 10. Fedora 10
> appears to use a program called upstart.
>
> Our older program used the /etc/inittab to bootup and it had this entry
>
> cyc:2345:respawn:/etc/spyforce/cyclone
>
> Essentially when the system booted up, the program cyclone would run and if
> it every died or was killed, init would seamlessly restart it.
>
> My question is how exactly do I replicate this process with the upstart
> design for Fedora 10? Also I tried entering some commands in a file in the
> Fedora 10 /etc/event.d directory. I created a file and tried but I could not
> replicate the formed init respawn process. Can I get some advice or
> documentation about specifically how to do this?
>
> Respectfully,
>
> Omon

Omon,

    1. F10 comes with Upstart 0.3.9. Not sure when they'll be able to
upgrade to 0.5.0
    2. If you were using 0.5.0, you'd do something like the following:

# Start me when rc[2-5] startup.
start on started rc2 rc3 rc4 rc5
# Bring me back to life if I die!
respawn
# Let me rest in peace if I die
respawn limit 2 10

exec /etc/spyforce/cyclone

    Some documentation to peruse (again, for 0.5.0 -- not 0.3.9):
http://upstart.ubuntu.com/wiki/Stanzas . Make sure to hit the kill and
normal exit stanzas as well.

-Garrett