On 10/12/2016 12:17 PM, Michael Rohs wrote:
- What is the type of a function that produces arbitrary HTML snippets. Is
xbody correct?

Ur/Web's XML types track context, e.g., body vs. head, which allow different nested tags. So [xbody] is only the right type for tags that fit under <body>.

- What is the name of "show" and "eq" functions? I used "show_list", "show_gameState", "show_pair", and
"eq_pair" instead of just "show" and "eq". Is this correct?

That matches conventions I've followed. It would be confusing to shadow [show] and [eq] themselves, which other code might still expect to use with other types.

- Is there a more convenient syntax for list construction than "1 :: 2 :: 3 :: []",
something like "[1, 2, 3]"?

Not at the moment. Square brackets are used for another meaning (actual type parameters to functions).

- Does Ur/Web do tail-call optimization?

I can confirm a "yes" answer here.

- Will there be other collections beyond lists (dictionary/map, array)?

No other collection structures are in my mental to-do list for extending the standard library. I find that most usual applications of those data structures wind up being done (more declaratively) with SQL instead.

Ur mailing list