Hi,
Hope you're doing great, We have a great Opportunities for you which will
match with your profile please go through the requirements and let us know
if your level of interest for below requirements.

*Sr. Software Engineer - Server (Java, SaaS)*

*Location: Redwood City, CA*

*Duration: 6 months+*

We collect thousands of data points from each home each day via a
communicating thermostat. We use this data to calculate heating and cooling
strategies that save the energy without compromising comfort, and then
implement these strategies in real-time. Our optimizations reduce monthly
bills, shed peak load, detect faults, and keep homeowners comfortable.

We're a smart and passionate team based in Redwood City, California. Come
and help us move home energy management into the future.

*SUMMARY*

Client is looking for a driven server-side engineer to develop distributed
systems and services for automated energy efficiency. The successful
candidate will contribute at all levels, defining product, implementing
production code, coordinating other contributors, and monitoring daily
operation. Deep intuition for good code, scalability, fault tolerance, and
concise communication are essential.

You'll be surrounded by a team of experienced engineers and forward leaning
technologies. You will help develop a distributed platform that runs our
energy saving algorithms in homes nationwide. Your results will be
discussed at all levels in the company and will directly inform product
roadmap. You'll drive distributed software services from conception to
production.

This might be the right job for you if:

·  you love simplicity

·  you care deeply about reliability and scalability

·  you spend time thinking about code maintainability

·  you hate ugly code

·  you've read ‘Design Patterns’, 'The Pragmatic Programmer', or other
books in the genre

·  you've considered starting your own company

·  you care more about kWh than CTR

 *DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*

·  Jointly design and implement high availability Java-based distributed
real-time services

·  Work directly with Product Management teams to refine requirements, with
QA on validation and with Operations to deploy and debug applications in
production environment

·  Train other teams and equip them with tools

·  Constantly simplify, reduce, and refactor

·  Aggressively seek out corner cases

·  Unit test

*EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED)*

·  5+ years of experience building large-scale SaaS applications in Java or
equivalent

·  Must have been a core member of a highly successful product development
team with major architectural and programming contributions

·  Solid understanding of performance and scalability issues of fault
tolerant distributed architectures

·  Understanding and appreciation for high quality code and associated best
practices

·  Comfortable troubleshooting issues and supporting production deployments
on LINUX

·  Fluency in object-oriented programming (e.g. Java, C#, Python)

 *EXPERIENCE (DESIRED)*

·  Hands-on experience in building and tuning applications using Apache
Hadoop and HIVE

·  SQL and DB Schema Design experience

*SKILLS*

·  Ability to work in a deadline oriented, and fast paced environment

·  Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team of developers

·  Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills

·  Excellent sense of development/QA/release process

·  Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written

·  Willingness to learn and to teach

·  BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent

*Thanks*
* Chris Johnson*
*Email:* ch...@appnetglobal.com