I was probably the first person to mention it. I get around it by setting the
position of my stacks when opened or resumed to be within the bounds of the
monitor. Actually, this will happen when switching from the single built-in
display of a laptop to a dual display with the laptop closed (built-in monitor
off). If the second display is a lower resolution (as it likely will be with
retina displays) the OS will position open windows in the nearest spot that can
display the entire window if possible.

Bob S