On 1/14/2019 7:58 PM, Knapp Martin via use-livecode wrote:
set the loc of stack "Ask Dialog" to screenLoc()
ask "What color is you favorite?”
Does that work for you Paul - it doesn’t for me. I’m having to do this:

send CenterAnswerOnScreen to me in 1 tick
answer “Blah blah blah”

on CenterAnswerOnScreen
    set the loc of stack "answer dialog" to the screenLoc
end CenterAnswerOnScreen

I have a couple of customers with small-screened laptops who use large
secondary monitors aligned at the bottom. Thus the top of the secondary monitor
is quite a bit above the main laptop monitor. Ask and Answer dialogs are so far
off you can only see about the bottom 1/8 of an inch of the window and are thus
unusable.

Marty

Yes, it has been working for us. It works in LC9.0.2 with a new stack and a button with those 2 lines in a mouseUp handler.

I think this may only work under Desktop OSes as the Inclusions (in Standalone settings) show the standard Ask and Answer Dialogs available only for Linux, OSX, and WIndows.

Also, per prior discussion in this thread, code like:

set the loc of stack "Ask Dialog" to effectiveScreenLocOfScreen(the sceeen of this stack)
ask "What color?"

where

function effectiveScreenLocOfScreen pScreen
  -- pScreen is a monitor number (a line of the screenRects or the value of the
screen of stack property
  --
  local tRect,tH,tV
  put line pScreen of the effective screenRects into tRect -- or use 'effective

should result in centering an Ask Dialog on the monitor that the stack that
invokes it is on.