Peter Bogdanoff wrote:

> In attempting to create this folder in MacOS:
>
> put specialFolderpath("asup") & “/My Folder" into tURL
>
>      [which yields tURL: /Library/Application Support/My Folder ]
>
> create folder tURL
>
>      returns a result: can't create that directory
>

> Why the error?

All file I/O is best accompanied with an error check. If that includes a call to sysError you'll see exactly what the OS is trying to tell you.

   create folder tURL
   if the result is not empty then
       answer the result &" ("& sysError() &")"
       exit to top
    end if

I'd wager permissions. /Library is a system folder. /Users/<username>/Library should be writable, though.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems