I've just started playing "silly monkeys" over here:

Richmond.

On 13.05.19 23:45, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:
On 5/9/2019 12:15 PM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:
I have a  test stack with a single scrolling field under LC904rc2. The textDirection for the field is the default of "auto" meaning it should align LTR  languages (like English) to the Left and RTL languages (like Arabic or Hebrew) to the Right.

English and other LTR test is correctly Left aligned. When I paste in RTL text (Arabic for example) it is incorrectly Left aligned. I am not sure if this is a 'paste' issue (tried the 'paste' command in a button and just using Ctrl-V in the IDE) or a field issue? Or even how to tell?

Does anyone else have experience with pasting RTL text from other applications (Word, Web pages, Google Translate, etc.) into LiveCode to have it align properly?

Related to this, a have a vague memory of a description of the interaction of "textDirection" and "textAlign". I can find nothing in the Dictionary or Release Notes. Does anyone recall such a thing?