Quentin Long wrote:

> Finding explicit function/command calls seems like it should be a
> fairly straightforward task. However, the "do" keyword can also be
> a source of function/command calls, which complicates matters a
> wee bit. You'll also need to evaluate all the non-cleartext components
> that can go into "do" statements—
> do (VariableName)
> do (the WhateverProp of ThisObject)
> do (line 4 of fld "ThisField")
> —etc etc etc.

There are many reasons to resort to "do" only after all other more with-the-grain approaches cannot be made to work.

That it eludes static code analysis is just one more.

If I get around to tidying up my old orphan-finder and adding it to other code base management tools in devolution, I wouldn't bother attempting to handle "do" cases. Low ROI, and not handling them helps draw attention to the technical debt many uses of "do" accrue.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems