On 11/28/19 9:52 AM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
We should verify whether we're looking for orphaned handlers or orphaned calls. If it's handlers I'd do something like:

Scan all scripts for "end" & space to get a list of handlers
Remove duplicates
Scan all scripts for each handler name and keep a count

If there's only two instances of the handler name, it's an orphan.

Um. No. It's a bit more complicated.
Removing duplicates without keeping track of the object script wouldn't catch handlers of the same name in different scripts. And you'd want to eliminate system messages from the list so that a closeStack handler, for instance, wouldn't show up as an orphan.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com