On 12/10/19 11:39 AM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:
So then to trap "the target" in the stack script, require putting
           pass mousedown (or mouseWhatever)
in all the background groups (all of which contain their our MouseDown)

Correct?

Only if you want to handle the mouseUp message *first* in the background group script and *then* in the stack script.

remember the use case:
we do not want and script in *any* button or top object that receives a click or touch.
The card becomes a pure "view" object.

Q: Why do you have a background group? And mouseUp handlers in it? This will catch any mouseUp messages that aren't already captured by controls on the card, and in addition will catch mouseUp messages if you click on the card itself.

Why not just have the mouseUp handler in the stack script?

Or put the buttons into their own (not background) group and have the mouseUp handler there?

Or have a behavior script for the buttons or group that handles the mouseUp messages?

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com