J. Landman Gay wrote:
My thought was that you'd use the text files during development and then save them as binary with encryption for the final build.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw.com
On January 14, 2020 11:38:06 AM Kaveh Bazargan via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:

The benefits of SoS are so important that I would hate to have to go back
to binary again. Nothing like having pure text files to version, back up
etc. so I am also hoping for an elegant solution to encode these in
standalone.

On Tue, 14 Jan 2020 at 17:31, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <

Sure, and with the extra benefit that you wouldn't have to expose your
code to end-users.

That is, unless there's a way to include SoS in a standalone that
includes encryption, such as an automated method in the Standalone Builder.

I couldn't find one, but it seems like such a pervasive issue for the
class of devs most likely to use SoS (pros dependent on VCS) that I'm
hoping I just missed something.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems