Hi

My favourite book of fiction (science fiction) is Isaac Asimov’s Foundation
Trilogy,  Perhaps a bit long for your journey.   I have read it a few times
along with looking for the sequels and prequels.
(It is currently underproduction for an Apple TV+ series.   I am half in hope
it will be amazing and half in dread of that it will be awful.)

For Non fiction I recently read “Born a Crime” by Trevor Noah of Daily show
fame. I really enjoyed that. Funny and poignant stories of growing up in South
africa.   Really more a story about his mother than him.

They are both on Kindle

Regards,

Martin Koob