Thanks, that’s a start - I will look at the dictionary. I suppose the callbacks
rely on one analysing how long each line/word takes the performer to say. It’s
a lot of work, but there’s no way around it since potentially every line takes
a different length of time to recite. If it’s too much work, I guess I can just
display the whole text and have one callback at the end of each recording.
Maybe that is really the practical solution for a large body of work (say all
the Shakespeare sonnets, for example).

Anyway thanks for the hint.

Graham