It shouldn't be that much work (!? he said, in the comfort of knowing he won't be doing it :-), at least for lines. Individual words could be too hard.

Write a little app, so you can listen to the recording and click a button at the start (or end?) of each line, and just keep track of the times vs lines that way. Add in the ability to take up from an existing position, and with a little bit of manual editing you should be nearly there.

Of course, if you (or your helpers) are making the recordings, then you can capture the button clicks at the same time as the recording is being made.

Alex.