Brian Milby wrote:

I think it should be relatively easy to fix the OAuth2 library such that it
works on Linux.  Currently it does use the browser widget for a better user
experience, but it should be able to launch the URL and use the system's
default browser.  Is there any interest in a PR for that type of fix for
this issue (at least until the browser widget can be addressed).

Absolutely. Thank you. I owe you a beer.

Also, I ran into a bug in the library this week where the auth code that
was returned included something that was actually URL encoded.  The
library then encoded it again which made things not work.  I actually found
the bug report which provided the solution to the problem.  You can see the
PR here:  https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/7381

Good work - thank you.

I don't mean to press my luck, but do you have any insight into why the Browser widget has been broken on Linux for the last few years? Or more specifically, what it might take to fix it?

Mark Wieder posted a link to a discussion on it, and while it did describe that the problem is non-trivial I have no idea if that means the Browser widget is abandoned in LC on Linux forever, or what it would take to address it.
http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33805&p=189397&hilit=CEF#p189397

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems