Thanks Craig. Somehow the return characters didn’t arrive in my email, but of
course I understand what you mean. But this would simply empty the field,
wouldn’t it, whereas I want the user to see the text that was there before,
selected. I thought that was what the ’select’ command for text was for.

Graham