Untested, but try this:

on keyboardActivated
 select text of fld <whatever>
end keyboardActivated

If you get a selection flash when it sets twice, remove the command from the openField handler.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jac...@hyperactivesw.com
On October 8, 2020 7:47:46 AM Graham Samuel via use-livecode <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

I want a user to key a number in a field in an iOS app. Normally the field will already contain data which the user will be replacing, so I coded this

on openField
  set the keyboardType of me to "numeric"
  select text of me
end openField

What happens is that the selection can be seen taking place briefly (this is in the Simulator) and then reverts to a flashing cursor with the original data still in the field and no selection shown. (The numeric keyboard does open BTW, but I can’t see that as relevant).

What did I do wrong?

Graham