Sean:
You might find this download interesting, perhaps useful:
http://earthlearningsolutions.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/RemoteDbEncryption.livecode.zip

<http://earthlearningsolutions.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/RemoteDbEncryption.livecode.zip>

It is a demo of AES encryption that I use. The livecode app encrypts it, sends
to a php file, which decrypts it and posts to a mysql database. You could even
store the data encrypted if you want, but I like to access the db with
phpMyAdmin.

Best,
Bill

William A. Prothero