Thanks Mark

I tried exactly your suggestion. For me, the second notification appears
exactly as you say, but the first one doesn’t. It’s likely that I made a silly
mistake but I can’t see what it is. I put other stuff in the log, so it’s not
just a case of the text being overwritten. Obviously the app does go into the
background, since it is detected coming back to the foreground. This test was
on the Xcode simulator, but I got essentially the same results on a real iPhone.

Strange.

Graham