Thanks Graham,

Nope, just checked and my quotes are not curly. Over a 48 hour period of
testing, with multiple startups and shutdowns (33 in total, these were mostly
in/out of background not actual exits and restarts) I only saw 3 instances of a
double shutdown notification (applicationWillResignActiveNotification) without
an intervening startup (applicationDidBecomeActiveNotification) so it’s
evidently a very small problem (10% ?). I’ll send the log to Elanor to let her
know. From my perspective, not something I am going to fret about.