Andrew, are you using Parallels/Windows for testing?

I just saw something somewhat similar where I suddenly couldn’t paste into a
field; typing did work (Windows 10 running in Parallels, in IDE, not runtime).
I went to Parallels’ settings for Windows, unchecked and rechecked “Share
clipboard” and it now worked—could paste text.

Peter Bogdanoff