> On Apr 19, 2021, at 1:47 PM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> On 4/19/21 11:04 AM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> I don't think lineoffset supports wildcards, but you could do it with
>> matchChunk.
>
> Ah! matchChunk and the the number of lines of... etc...
> That should do it.

Another way to do it is to use 'filter' to get the text of the line that
matches your wildcard, and then 'lineOffset' to find that line:

put tScript into tTemp
filter tTemp with ("local*" & tFunctionName & "*")
put lineOffset((cr & tTemp & cr),(cr & tScript & cr)) into tPos

Not sure if 'filter' is faster than 'matchChunk' when dealing with large
scripts, but I have a feeling it might be...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: k...@sonsothunder.com
Website: https://www.sonsothunder.com