On 3/19/2022 2:55 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
You could use ffmpeg for this.

Here‘s a post where it is described how to do it

https://superuser.com/questions/377343/cut-part-from-video-file-from-start-position-to-end-position-with-ffmpeg

I have (and still am) considering ffmpeg. It was what I was alluding to with the mention of a command line utility called by shell() in my original post. To bundle the macOS (~35mb) and Windows (~77mb) adds that size (or that compressed) to my Standalone, so my app can install it on the users system (I have the sort of computer novice customers that you do NOT want to ask to download additional software of). That's not too bad a size increase as my App sits at about 200-230mb currently.

Still, I asked the USE-LIST as you never know whether some one out there has made a widget that could just be part of the standalone app or someone knows of a clever technique or a smaller utility

Thank you.