Hi all,

> Am 14.09.2023 um 20:03 schrieb J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>:
>
> He's not crashing, it's a hang. I can't remember if logcat shows those.
> My guess is that it's a memory problem since he's running a very old version
> of Android with not much RAM,

it is a Galaxy Tab A (2016) with 2 GB RAM and 32 GB hd (or SSD?) running
Android 8.1.
So the LC Android engine is a bit RAM "hungry"? Or are the new widgets like
PolyGrid?

Strange, I have another LC app installed on my Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) cell
phone
with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB HD which never ever crashed or hung in the last year?

> and restarting the app may force retained apps to release RAM. But a log
> can't hurt at any rate.
>
> Klaus, remove all unnecessary widgets from your home screen(s). Also go
> through all the apps in settings and disable or delete any you don't use.
> Android will not allow you to do that for required apps so if the buttons are
> enabled then it's safe. Most devices come with a lot of bloatware that runs
> in the background and uses memory. Widgets are especially bad at that.

I already disabled and deleted everything that could be disabled and deleted,
since I
exclusivley (sic!) use the tablet to display sheet music. Therefore I really
wonder
why this does not happen more often?

Will try to check the "logcat", when this will happen the next time.
Thanks for all hints so far.

> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay | jac...@hyperactivesw.com
> On September 14, 2023 12:21:15 PM Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
>> Get a logcat after a crash and see if Panos can glean anything useful from
>> it. It helped me once identifying and getting a crash fix implemented.

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major