On 10/10/2023 11:43 AM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:
I am looking at https://developer.apple.com/support/xcode

To meet Apple's Nov 1 deadline of switch from the old Notarization tool (which I current use on Mojave) to the new one, I need to get set up on macOS 14 Sonoma.

To me, from the Apple page, it look like I need xcode 15 (deployment targets of macOS 10.13-14) BUT I am concerned that the Livecode lesson by Matthias and his mrSignNotarizeHelper tool recommend Xcode 13 or 14 (I don't see Xcode 15 mentioned). I may have (or probably did) miss something!

The Apple Developer page suggest that Xcode 14.3.1 has a minim OS requirement of macOS Ventura 13 which suggest it can run on macOS 14 Sonoma?

I only have a single macBook Air with Sonoma available to get sup up for the new notarization method. I really don't want to try to downgrade the macOS (I don't even know how to do that).

Ok, I may have answered one of my questions. I downloaded the XCode 14.3.1 Command Line Tools from https://developer.apple.com/download/all/ and tried to install them on Sonoma and the installer will not let me stating the "OS is too new". I guess Xcode 15 is the minimum for Sonoma.

Now I will try the "Command Line Tools for Xcode 15" from the same Apple download page.