On 10/10/2023 8:23 PM, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode wrote:
Hello all,

Just downloading the certificate from your account in the apple dev
website, and using it in a different machine from the one it was created
will not work (you get identity not found), because you need the private
key as well.

This is why you have to export the certificate from the old machine,
because exporting the certificate exports the private key that is
associated with it as well.

Kind regards,
Panos

Thank you Panos.  If you or Matthias ever come across (or write) a goo step by step for getting Apple Certs to a new machine (new cert from Apple to a new machine, existing cert from Apple to a new machine, existing cert from one machine to another I think are the 3 possibilities) you should link to it or add it to the code signing and notarization lesson.

We only do this rarely. For example I have a Apple Code signing cert that was created in 2021 and good until 2026. That was a replacement for an earlier one. I put than on a Mojave system that I have used to code sign since 2021. In 2 years time I have not touch the certs and would not have until 2026 if Apple did change the notarization command and make me move to a newer macOS. So I forget how its done. I even forget where I filed my own documentation on how to do it. So it's like trying to do it from scratch each time.

I try to do all the code signing (mac and win) and notarization (mac) by command line even though there are GUI tools (Matthias's excellent stack and AppWrapper and on and on) so that I at least know the steps in the process and id something goes wrong (because the vendor changes something) I know what step blew up.

Any way, thank you again.