> On 1 Nov 2023, at 11:24 pm, Neville Smythe <neville.smy...@optusnet.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> But I suspect you should allow for the required strings to be followed by
> punctuation or be at the end of the line, things which are hard to do with a
> simple LC wildcard search, at least in a single filter.

When I originally went down the wildcard route, I wrote some gentle text
preprocessing (using replace) to make sure words are always bounded by a space,
including before punctuation and at an eol.

I also need users to see the reason  the message appears in the results (i.e
the matched filter) so  they are listed under a heading consisting of the
search term.  Not sure what users would make of regex!

Thanks again,

Cheers

David G