my son is a student in 3D and video effects, and his teachers advise the
students to export their video to .mp4 format for best compatibility, which is
I think MPEG 4 without the quicktime embedding. The following movie has been
finalized on windows and plays fine in Safari on my mac. Give it a try for
testing if you like.
http://www.graphisme-chaplais.fr/Graphisme_Chaplais/Videos_files/Atelier_Demo_1.mp4
I realize this is not streaming in the strict sense, but the remark on file
format should hold.
Best,
        François