Mark Wieder wrote:
One of the interesting things Bill Atkinson said this evening is that
the source code for HyperCard has been donated to the Computer Museum.
You can download the code for MacPaint and MacDraw which were also
donated, but the HC source code isn't yet downloadable. Bill was
optimistically hoping that the 25th anniversary of HyperCard would be
the impetus for them to make it available, but it hasn't happened yet.

At long last, the secrets of hint bits revealed! :)

I suspect that's a lightweight form of bitmap index, but it'll be interesting to see how it's done.

If any of you (Mr. Kriesel?) have implemented a bitmap index in an xtalk I'd be very interested to see how you did it.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitmap_index>

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World