Dr. Hawkins wrote:

In particular, what I'll ultimately need is for them to run scripts that
build cards and then put the output to pdf (which is currently working in
livecode)

Can help in about those tasks as long i only build HTML5/CSS3/JQuery
outputs from my own on-rev stack's libs.

I'm not fully following here . . . . If I can cause a stack to manipulate
its cards and fields, I can make it do what I need.

Well, yes and no.

Yes, RevServer should allow creation and manipulation of objects (at least the older Rev CGI allowed this), and using the "save" command you should even be able to save those changes to disk.

But no, unfortunately you won't be able to do anything that involves rendering objects graphically. Server environments are "faceless", they have no GUI components, and so there's no way for LiveCode to render anything into an imaging buffer such as would be need to generate PDF with its printToPDF external.

Thus far the only command-line app I've seen which can generate PDFs is ImageMagick:
<http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php>

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World
 LiveCode training and consulting: http://www.fourthworld.com
 Webzine for LiveCode developers: http://www.LiveCodeJournal.com
 Follow me on Twitter:  http://twitter.com/FourthWorldSys

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[email protected]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription 
preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

Reply via email to