Devin, you are correct.   I have a LiveCode field wrapped in an IOS scroller.
I have been playing with various list behavior and autohilite properties.
Since I am trying to select multiple lines at the same time I am seeing a
conflict between the behavior of the field and the scroller.

Looking at the behaviour of the native input control,  apple seems to use a
double tap to get into a select mode.  They seem to turn off the scroll while
the selection is taking place then turn it back on again.

It seems that I need to figure out how to disable scrolling during the
selection process and then enable it again.

-= Mike