On 05/17/2013 11:54 AM, Richmond wrote:
Hey-Ho You Happy Linux Mages,

I have been merrily connecting to my FTP/Web-page site (a subset of
Andre Garzia's site, God Bless him) using
a Macintosh FTP client for about 3-4 years (Cyberduck) which set things
up "licketty-split" [for those of you
who don't know that is a technical term] . . .

. . . all jolly well and good, until I want to do the same from Linux . . .

Now 'FileZilla' gets all "hot and sweaty" [see earlier remark about
technical terms] and tells me all sorts of funny
things about Firewalls and a mismatch with my external IP address . . .

. . .  why this is, I just don't know as I have been happily using
Cyberduck inside Mac OS 10.6 inside VMware Player 5.0.2
on Linux without all this cafuffle . . .

Anyway, FileZilla won't play . . . unless, as usual, I am missing
something.

Richmond.

I can't know what's causing your problem, but I have never had any trouble getting FileZilla to work here under Linux. Did you try running the network wizard? You'll find it under the "Edit" menu. Maybe enabling passive will help.

Good luck!

Warren