Colin, For once I did not even open the script before I tested and loaded this.
I saw the comment mentioning accelerometer and immediately loaded it on my iPad
to see it in action. This was run straight from the download.

Here is what is happening on my iPhone 4:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4po1t2brbq57jlm/ScrollingParallaxiPhone4.png

Tom

-- Tom McGrath III
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com