Jim Hurley wrote:

And, Richard, as a petty aside, that formula and graph in the forum you cite
don’t “compute.”

Not petty at all. It's just one more reason we love having you in this community: you help keep our math straight.

But there is another significant difference between LC and what one might
achieve in the new
Wolfram-enabled LC.  One cannot plot a truly smooth curve in LC. The curve is
always a set
of line segments joining a set of discrete points. It is similar to the
difference between
bit map and vector graphics.

Hopefully that can change now that LiveCode uses the Skia library for its graphics primitives. If memory serves Skia supports Beziers - could those be used for what you're looking for?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems