On 11/05/14 07:18, Peter W A Wood wrote:
Hi Scott

This works for me in LiveCode 7 dp3:

        set the Label of Button "Button" to numToCodepoint(0x1D122)  ;; bass
clef

Also pasting the correct character into the label field in the property
inspector works under OS X (and may work on other systems too.)

I suspect the problem that you are encountering stems from U+0349 being a
combining mark rather than a character in it's own right. From OS X character
viewer:

        ͉
COMBINING LEFT ANGLE BELOW
Unicode: U+0349, UTF-8: CD 89

This will display the left angle in the label of a button:

        set  the Label of Button "Button" to " " & numToCodepoint(0x0349)

Hope this helps.

Peter

That's very queer: as far as I can see Hex 3A9 is an Omega.

Richmond.