On 5/15/14, 10:35 AM, Devin Asay wrote:
The "locked" of the properties palette for each object is separate and
persistent.

From what I can see, cards and stacks selected from the app browser will open a locked inspector (anything in the left-hand pane.) Objects on a card (anything in the right-hand pane) will open an unlocked inspector.

Anything selected from within the stack itself (by clicking or using the contextual menu) opens an unlocked inspector.

The behavior might be different in the new project browser. I'm not using it much because it's too slow and unwieldy for the large stacks in my current job.