On 5/28/2014, 6:51 PM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:
Just imagine, never hitting save, but always having a save of every
change you ever made within the stack itself, without cluttering your
disk and filesystem with dozens of saves

Like HyperCard did. I was never so glad to get rid of auto-save as when I started with the MC/LC engine. I always tinker and make mistakes and mess around until I get something working and then I save it. HC saved every little thing, which made it impossible to revert to your last stable version if you've made a mess of things. I don't want all my experimental fluff saved.

That said, there's an auto-save plugin (RevSmartSave) that ships with LC for those who want it.

I find Mavericks auto-save pretty useless actually. When you go back into their time machine interface you can only see the first page of the document (and nothing at all for many types of files.) If your changes aren't visible on that first page, there is no way to tell which one of those dozens of copies is the one you're looking for. Looking through them in Finder is a little easier, at least for some file types you can page through the document in QuickLook.

I wouldn't mind having a QuickLook for stacks.