I have in the past disliked Time Machine. In those days I had a regular hard
drive, and it seemed sometimes that it would take the full hour to backup,
meaning that it was backing up continuously, and noticeably affecting the
responsiveness of the system while it was doing that. Now I use SSD (though
with a regular HD as the backup drive), and I’m barely aware of the backups
happening.