To: "How to use LiveCode" <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2014 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: how to disturb newbies

I have a free plugin that allows you to enter your own notes and tags about
a dictionary entry.  They are local to you so not available to all users.

If interested, you can find it at http://www.lcsql.com/free-stuff.html

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 8:50 AM, Earthednet-wp <proth...@earthednet.org>
wrote:

If there was a way to include user comments from a link in the dictionary
entry, it would be helpful to those who work to improve the dictionary. Or
perhaps a direct link to the location where dictionary bugs are reported.
Many of the comments would probably be made by newer users, who wouldn't
necessarily know where to post their experience or problem. In my work,
some of the most valuable feedback I get is from new users.

Bill

William Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org

> On Oct 25, 2014, at 8:19 AM, <la...@significantplanet.org> wrote:
>
> Richard,
> If that is the case, then apparently there isn't much being done in
submitting notice, because I know of many, many Dictionary errors.
> Larry
>
> I don't like to keep being a pest about this, but it would be SO nice > if
LC allowed us to edit the Dictionary on our own - our own corrections and
our own notes.

>> I've found in recent years that Dictionary errors have generally been
fixed almost instantly once notice is submitted, almost always prior to the
next release.