On 02/07/2016 01:14 PM, [-hh] wrote:
Peter H. wrote:
It looks like this is a plugin issue.  I removed all my plugins
and 6.7.8 now loads fine.  Will experiment to find which plugin
is causing the problem.

Tried your no-plugin-method. Had until now no startup-crash with
6.7.8, but two with 7.1.1 and one with 8.0.0-dp14.

Delete or rename your preferences file or folder and try again.
I find myself having to do this on a regular basis - there are some things in the preferences file that won't work across versions. And if you have a livecode.rev file then LC8 will grab the preferences from it to incorporate into livecode7.rev. Things are messed up after that.

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com