Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

> Also note that it if you use "open" to open your script only stack
> file... it is still not in the message path

It doesn't need to be in the message path. It just needs to be in memory. My earlier posts offered three different ways to load a stack into memory.

> and your behaviors will fail, furthermore, if you put "start using
> stack" (in an open stack, preopenstack  handler) to load your script
> only stack, it will receive all messages from the stack and not just
> from the child control to which it is assigned.

That's true, but it's also true that if you decide to insert a script into the frontScripts or backscripts it will also be global in scope.

I'm not sure we need to overload that Dictionary entry with every possible thing people might do.

Most folks use "start using" and "insert script" when they want a specific global availability. I think it's fine that those Dict entries handle those.

For the behaviors Dict entry, rather than list all the things we might not want to do it seems better to just provide at least a couple ways to do what we actually want to do.

Any of the three methods I mentioned earlier will work.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Systems