On 2016-04-12 15:25, Tim Selander wrote:
Hi again,

Basically, my problem is solved with Peter's work-around. However,
after reading some of the various other comments, including
Jacqueline's here, it strikes me that this has to be considered some
kind of bug, doesn't it?

Maybe :)

It is always important to remember that the IDE uses many of the same 'meta-level' editing features the engine provides as user stacks do. Due to this, it defaults to assuming that (unless explicitly marked as such - as suggested in my previous post) any user stack loaded into it is wanting to be edited.

I do think that if you are providing tools to use in the IDE for others, then it is better to follow its requirements in that regard (e.g. via the style property or via being a plugin) than switching the tool in user code which will (with the way the engine / IDE currently works) always cause some conflict at some point.

That being said, there are two IDE library APIs which handle the tool switch without going behind the IDE's back:

    revIDEChooseBrowseTool
    revIDEChoosePointerTool

Using either of these in a preOpenStack/openStack handler does appear to make the setting stick.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/