On 2.05.2016 16:44, John Dixon wrote:
Richmond... my comment was not directed at you...

I didn't think it was: I just couldn't resist having a laugh re the "unwashed masses" - lovely turn of phrase!

Richmond.

Subject: Re: Standalones on el Capitan?
To: use-livecode@lists.runrev.com
From: richmondmathew...@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 16:34:43 +0300

On 2.05.2016 15:46, John Dixon wrote:
To: use-livecode@lists.runrev.com
From: peter.br...@livecode.com
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 09:40:32 +0100

On 02/05/2016 09:36, RM wrote:
My spending has now stopped, and will not start again as I simply do not
have $999 for any software whatsoever.
Maybe you should have purchased a subscription during one of the _many_
"$299/year forever" offers that LiveCode ran last year, then.
Trite comments like this are not about to endear you to the 'unwashed masses'
of the liveCode tribe...
Hey; watch it: I had a bath just after Christmas!

Nothing is going to endear me except, possibly, the chance to BUY a
version of Livecode that
won't suddenly turn into a pumpkin when the clock strikes twelve, and
certainly not at $999.

Plus, I don't have a set of glass slippers (nor, for that matter, a set
of glass hill-walking boots).

Best, Richmond.

                                                  Peter

--