On 7/5/2016 10:21 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
Stack A home.livecode | card 1 | group "portal-links"
  on open card
      createScroller "portal-links"

Stack B surprise-me.livecode t| card 2 | group "surprise-links"

on open card
      createScroller "surprise-links"

things improved somewhat…

It does not matter whether I use this or Ralph's code (I did set the
scrollingEnabled)
And it does not matter whether if we put this in the back script or duplicate
it in each stack script (not ideal.. but just to test…)

go stack 1 # from button on Stack 0 -- scroller on stack 1 scrolls
go stack 2 # from button on stack 1 -- scroller on stack 2 scrolls
go stack 1 # from button on stack 2 -- scroller on stack 1 no longer scrolls
go stack 2 # from button on stack 1 - scroller continues to scroll now on stack
2

ergo the scroller on Card 1 | Stack A  "group "portal-links"  has been deleted.

It's more likely it's just not scrolling. It's best to delete all native controls on closecard and recreate them on preOpenCard (not sure about widgets, but this was true of controls created by script.) Otherwise behavior can be unreliable. I can't remember now if you're doing that or not.