On 9/11/16 9:08 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
 I have adopted Scott's "hack" to make a button that works across whole rect

Hm, if both you and Scott needed a hack to solve a problem I've never seen, then I wonder what's different.

I dragged a standard button to a new stack, resized it to be fairly large, and in the property inspector I turned off "opaque". I put a script into the button that just put the seconds into the msg box on mouseUp. It responded no matter where I clicked.

Then I turned off showborder, threeD, and autohilite and it still responded.

Then I made a new button and just chose "Transparent" from the button style in the inspector. That one also responded at any loc inside its rect.

What's different in your setup?