e discovered that graphics can be tricky in standalones. What I do is group a
graphic with a button or object that uses it. I also reference the file I
imported the graphic from in the graphic properties. I then include the folder
with the graphic files (I keep them all in one folder for this purpose) in the
Copy Files tab of the standalone settings.

This has the neat effect that I can swap out button icons and background
graphics with others of the same names as a kind of skinning feature.

Bob S