I believe Richard was talking about tools that only did point and click.
Everything had to be achieved by placing elements and setting parameters.
mTropolis was one of the neater tools of that type, but it would take a lot of
logical thinking to get it to achieve things that could be done in a few lines
of code.

It’s a good thing if a tool is a combination of visual layout and then some
scripting. Even Xcode uses an interface builder tool.