Filemaker has a point and click programming interface. It just gets in the way.
I spent more time perusing the dialog and sub-dialog boxes to try and figure
out how to add 1 to a variable that contains 1, that I found myself saying,
"Can't I just type a formula??"

I gave up on Filemaker.

Bob S

On Oct 5, 2016, at 10:22 , Richard Gaskin