Instructions are in the bug report, but basically you make a copy of the plugin, do whatever you want with it, and put it in your user extensions folder. It will override the LC copy.

If you've installed for "this user" then that's who it will apply to. If you installed for everyone I assume the change will apply to all users. I always install for just me so that's what I'm familiar with.

If LC updates their plugin then you'd have to replace your copy, but as they promised me in the report, they'll tell us if that happens.